Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cacophony

I believe every horror or suspense movie addict will share my misery. The hero/heroine is walking through dangerous alleys, darkness surrounds her, our breath stops… suddenly our heart leaps sky high, just misses the ceiling by an inch. Not because a horrible thing leapt out of darkness, but because of a shrill background music of horrible composition.

You will feel that your heart will simply explode. Then you will scramble for the mouse to turn down the volume before angry neighbours start to curse you in their heart because it’s late at night and you love to watch horror movies late at night.

 

I love a good horror, thriller, sci-fi and suspense movie that is why I notice this thing so keenly. Fortunately I watch them from home, in computer so I keep my hand on the mouse to choke that sudden blare of cacophony. I pity those who have to go through that blast in auditoriums.

 

Horror or suspense works best without background music. Because then you are completely in dark about what is in the director’s mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment